First and foremost, I would like to thank Dave from http://daveexaminesmovies.com/ for introducing me to the Liebster Award, a blogger award “given by bloggers to fellow bloggers.” This is so awesome because what better way to feel appreciation than a thumbs from your fellow writers from the blogging community, right? Thanks again Dave, for nominating me for this award. 😀
So the rules are as follows. I’m copying this off Dave’s site because I’m kinda new at this awards thing 😀
- The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you
Pretty simple, right? So, with that being said, these are my answers to Dave’s 11 questions:
1. What was the first movie you ever remember seeing? (This means, not the movie your mom told you that you saw when you were 2 years old, or god forbid, while in her tummy):
The first movie I remember seeing was E.T. I don’t remember all of it but I loved it so much that I used to go to the balcony all the time to secretly press my two index fingers together like ET did with Elliot.
2. In your opinion, what is the best movie ever made based on a video game?
A lot of the people will kill me for this but I really loved the first three movies in the Resident Evil franchise. I liked the movies mainly because I don’t have much of an idea about the video games. Mortal Kombat comes close second.
3. What is a generally hated movie that you openly love?
All about Steve was nominated for a couple of Razzies the year it was released and Sandy ultimately won Worst Actress for her role as crossword puzzle maker Mary Horowitz, but I loved the movie. I loved the character of Mary who was genuine, sweet and determined, to the point of insanity. I thought Steve, on the other hand, was a grade A jerk. Sue me.
4. What is a generally loved movie that you openly hate?
Spiderman franchise with Tobey Maguire. I just never really got behind Maguire as a superhero. I was rooting for Harry Osbourne the entire time.
5. What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Hands down, the horror movie Hit and Run. There are many who come close but it hasn’t been dethroned yet in its place of honor (read:horror) in my mind.
6. What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen…and why?
Gravity. The sense of helplessness I felt while seeing Sandra Bullock was alone in space was terrifying. At least in horror movies, there are ways to survive, no matter how slight, but there, in space, alone? Man, its giving me goosebumps right now.
7. Are there any TV shows you watch that you’d like to be seen made into a movie?
Not particularly. They’re awesome enough in TV land.
8. What was the craziest experience you’ve ever had in a theater?
Because there were too many people in the theater, the cinema oversold tickets placing us in the second row, only a few feet away from the screen which made us kind of dizzy, so my brother demanded they do something about it. they pulled out a couch for us and placed in a more manageable distance for us to enjoy the movie. 😀
9. What has been the best performance by a male playing a female or vice versa?
Hillary Swank in Boys Don’t Cry
10. How excited are you to watch Planes 2?
Slightly more excited than the original. It looks more promising but it could just be the cool soundtrack they used on the trailer. We’ll see. 😀
11. If you could have any superpower, what would it be, and what would be the origin story. Because “and why?” is too mainstream.
Teleportation most definitely. My origin story would be — a nosy child discovers a hidden talent that she can go anywhere wants in an instant if she sets her mind to it and thus begins her journey to adulthood as a mysterious journalist who travels to different locations and gets stories from the underground that are impossible to get. But an evil villain discovers her secret just as she discovers that her days are numbered as each transport puts a strain on her DNA and so she must fend off the enemy while breaking the most important story mankind has ever told. Its too mainstream because my origin story is a complete ripoff of superman, jumper and in time. Its was kind of fun putting it together though.
Now, its time for me to ask the questions. 😀
1. What is your favorite horror movie of all time and why?
2. Why do you think Leonardo DiCaprio deserves/does not deserve an Oscar?
3. Who do you think is the most underrated actor/actress of this generation and why?
4. Indie vs mainstream? Which do you think works better?
5. Are you a fan of reboots? Why?
6. Who do you think played the best villain ever across all genres?
7. Name a great popcorn movie or movies which starred an acclaimed Hollywood A-lister. How did you feel when you saw said actor in the flick?
8. What is the best twist you have ever witnessed in a movie?
9. Are you a fan of big screen adaptations of books? Why or why not?
10. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
11. If you had the opportunity to turn your life into a movie, which genre would it be and which actor should play you?
And here are my nominees: